Corn and Pork Ribs Soup (from the “The Adventure of Ms J & Mr P” youcookieat.com)
We grew up drinking lots of soup made by mummy. Asian mum loves to make soups. Soups are nutritious and they really warms your heart. Hope this Corn and Pork Rib Soup will warm yours too!
Preparation Time: 8 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Waiting Time: 2-3 hours
2 Sweet Corns
1 small bit of young ginger
1/2 kg Pork Ribs
1. Cut the tomato into wedges. (4 or 6 wedges, up to you)
2. Break the corns into 3 pieces.
3. Cut the carrots into little chunks.
4. Clean the ginger by getting rid of the skin and cut them in big pieces.
5. Prepare the pork by boiling a pot of water and boil the pork for 5 mins then drain.
6. Pour all the ingredients into the pot with 1.5 litres of water.
7. If you are like us, we like using Thermal Pots. This is an OEM brand which is cheaper. You can get Tiger or Le Gourmet brands which cost 3 or 4 times more, and yet work the same.
We boil the above for 5 mins and then turn it off and transfer the pot into the Thermal Pot. Wait for 2 or 3 hours.
8. When we are ready to serve, we take out the pot, boil it again for a few minutes and then serve. Add salt to your taste.
We usually prepare the soups on Saturday mornings around 9 AM. We will drink the soup at noon. We like using Thermal pots because we do not need to care about the fire.
If you realise, we use an induction cooker too! Induction cooker converts 80-90% of energy to heat, compare to other types of cooking methods (eg gas flame, hot plates) that usually only use 45% of the energy and the rest wasted.
For those interested:
Carrot: Daucus carota subsp. sativus
Domestic Pig: Sus scrofa domestica
Ginger: Zingiber officinale
Sweet Corn: Zea mays var. rugosa
Tomato: Solanum lycopersicum